Philly, New Jersey, and NYC week!
Wednesday, July 15 – 6:45 PM
Today was Tracy Williams’ Catch Point training in Philadelphia.
I already knew Tracy was a phenomenal professional wrestler, but I dare say he’s an even better coach.
He’s the kind of coach I strive to be for my own students, patient, detailed, and completely invested in making everyone around him better. I’m enjoying every minute of it.
We’re still working through the fundamentals, and I’ve already picked up three things I know will stay with me. That’s the mark of a great teacher.
The training reminded me of my days on the mats training for Georgia AAU wrestling tournaments. Everyone was drenched in sweat, working hard, learning, pushing each other. It felt honest. It felt right.
I’m so glad I came.
Thursday, July 16 – 1:30 PM
I’m still in bed.
Catch Point training absolutely took it out of me. I did both the 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM classes yesterday, and I definitely feel it today.
But tonight I step into the ring with the incredibly talented Lee Moriarty, so it’s time to get moving. First stop: stretching and a massage. I need to be at my best.
6:00 PM
The doors are open, and the fans are pouring in.
I love independent wrestling.
I ran into Caprice Coleman backstage. Seeing Caprice always puts me in a good mood. Ryan Clancy is here too, serving as one of the judges for the title match against Lee. I tried to bribe him with a promised Korean barbecue dinner in exchange for a few extra points.
To my surprise… he said no.
Stand-up guy.🙄
Friday, July 17 – 3:40 AM
I should be sleeping.
Instead, I’m lying here with an early flight ahead of me, still riding the high from sharing the ring with Lee Moriarty.
And somehow, tomorrow I get to wrestle my old stablemate, Jay Lethal, at my favorite arena in the world, Center Stage in Atlanta.
Life has a funny way of coming full circle.
In the span of a single week, I’ve wrestled, trained with, and spent time around so many people I genuinely admire in this sport.
Maybe that’s a sign that something is on the horizon.
Maybe the universe is preparing me for what’s next.
Or maybe it’s simply reminding me to keep learning, keep growing, and stay ready.
Either way…
I’ll be ready.
I will continue to fight with the fire and spirit of the originals.
Comments
Post a Comment